Protecting your credit card while traveling is essential to ensure the safety of your financial information. Here are some tips to help you safeguard your credit card during your travels:
- Notify Sentinel FCU before traveling, inform us about your trip details, including the destinations and dates. This will help us monitor your account for any suspicious activity and prevent from blocking your card due to unexpected charges.
- Keep your credit card secure. Carry your credit card in a secure location, such as a money belt or a hidden pocket inside your clothing. Avoid storing it in easily accessible places like back pockets or open bags, as these can be targeted by pickpockets. Protect your Card Security Code (CSV), the three-digit security code that is typically found on the back of credit cards. Always verify the authenticity of any request for card details independently before sharing any sensitive information.
3. Use trusted ATMs. Sentinel FCU is a member of CO-OP Shared Branch that is made of credit unions worldwide. Use nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATM locations. Find a CO-OP Shared Branch or surcharge-free ATM at allco-op.org or call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP. There is also a link in the SFCU mobile app.
4. Be cautious at ATMs. When using ATMs, choose those located in well-lit and secure areas. Check the machine for any suspicious devices or attachments that may be used to steal your card information (skimming devices). Shield the keypad with your hand when entering your PIN to prevent others from seeing it.
5. Avoid using public WI-FI for purchases. By doing so you significantly reduce the inherent security risks associated with using open and unsecured networks for purchases and protect your sensitive information from potential cyber threats.
6. Review your activity and check your credit card statements. Keep watch on spending activity via the mobile app. Be sure to review your credit card statements after your trip. Look for any unauthorized transactions and report them to your credit card issuer immediately. Starting Aug. 1, e-Statements are available on the Sentinel FCU mobile app and desktop platform.
If you do suspect any fraud on your card, contact the Sentinel Call Center Team at 605-923-1405 or 888-923-1400, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (MT). If it is after our normal Business Hours, call 800-547-3556. There are additional details about protecting your card from fraud on the following pages on the SFCU website.
By implementing these tips, you can significantly reduce the risk of your credit card being compromised while traveling. Stay proactive, keep your card secure, and monitor your transactions to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.