Skip A Payment
Take a month off from your loan payment from September 1 – December 31, 2021.
Take a month off from your loan payment with Skip A Payment!
There are many reasons a monthly payment could be a financial strain like a temporary reduction in income, school or unforeseen expenses such as car repair or medical bills. Maybe you need the extra cash to pay for holiday bills or a vacation. Our Skip A Payment program gives you the option to defer monthly payments on eligible loans. The skipped payments are added to the end of the loan without affecting your credit.
As a member, you can skip one monthly payment on qualified loans between September 1 – Dec. 31, 2021.
There is a modest processing fee of $35 per loan which will automatically be deducted from your account. We will donate $5 of the processing fee to local charities.
When you request to Skip-A-Payment, remember:
- Your loan payments must be current to qualify and interest will continue to accumulate on your loan during the month you skip your payment.
- This offer is not available on Visa, agriculture, business, mortgage, home equity, line of credit, student loans or loans funded less than six months ago.
- Please allow 3 days for us to process your request.
- If you make your loan payments automatically by Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit, your payment will be deposited back into your account.
- If you have an automatic transfer set up from your Sentinel Federal Credit Union checking or savings account, we will adjust your transfer for you.
- If we generate an ACH transfer from your account at another financial institution, we will advance the next transfer date one month forward.
- If you have automatic transfers that you set up at other financial institutions to make your loan payments, you will need to notify them to stop the transfer. We are not responsible for starting or stopping ACH transactions originated at another financial institution or for any fees that may be incurred to stop these transactions.
- We reserve the right not to extend the payment for any reason and we reserve the right to cancel or modify this program at any time.
See if your loan qualifies for a Skip-A-Payment:
- Log into your account through Online Banking or our Mobile App
- Click on ‘Want to Skip a Loan Payment’ on the left-hand side menu tab
- Follow the instructions on the screen
You can also give us a call at 605-923-1405 or toll-free at 888-923-1400 or visit any branch and request to skip-a-payment.