Need extra cash? Take advantage of our Skip-A-Payment Program which allows you to skip one month’s payment on your qualifying loans. Our program is available from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018.
There is a modest processing fee of $35 per loan which will automatically be deducted from your account. We will donate $5 of the processing fee to local charities.
When you request to Skip-A-Payment, remember:
- One skip-a-payment is allowed per loan per year with a maximum of three for the life of any loan.
- Your savings or checking account must have enough funds to cover the $35 skip pay fee.
- Your loan payments must be current to qualify and interest will continue to accumulate on your loan during the month you skip your payment.
- This offer is not available on Visa, agriculture, mortgage, home equity, line of credit, student loans or loans funded less than six months ago.
- Please allow 10 days for us to process your request.
- If you make your loan payments automatically by Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit, your payment will be deposited back into your account.
- If you have an automatic transfer set up from your Sentinel Federal Credit Union checking or savings account, we will adjust your transfer for you.
- If we generate an ACH transfer from your account at another financial institution, we will advance the next transfer date one month forward.
- If you have automatic transfers that you set up at other financial institutions to make your loan payments, you will need to notify them to stop the transfer. We are not responsible for starting or stopping ACH transactions originated at another financial institution or for any fees that may be incurred to stop these transactions.
- We reserve the right not to extend the payment for any reason and we reserve the right to cancel or modify this program at any time.
See if your loan qualifies for a Skip-A-Payment:
- Log into your account through It’s Me 247 Online Banking or our Mobile App
- Tap the “SP” icon next to your loan
- Tap Skip-A-Payment on your Loan Details page and follow the instructions on the screen
You can also give us a call at 605-923-1405 or toll-free at 888-923-1400 or visit any branch and request to skip-a-payment.