Making Wise Choices
Credit cards in some form have been around since the 1920s, but it wasn’t until the Diners’ Club Card in 1950 that the concept thrived. In the late 1960s, new card choices like MasterCharge and BankAmericard became popular. Today, Statista.com reports there are more than 201 million credit card users in the U.S.
Why carry a Sentinel Federal Credit Union Visa Card? Our card offers an excellent value.
When choosing a card, it pays to understand its features, benefits, and perhaps most important, the fine print. A seemingly good deal on the surface can carry unwanted fees, high APRs and other negative consequences.
Consider all the benefits. But to get a better value for your card, it’s wise to compare these three items:
- Fees – Will you pay an annual fee for the use of the card? What are the late payment fees? Most providers charge a fee or may even increase your APR if you make a late payment. Are there monthly fees? Balance transfer fees? Our card will help you to save with no monthly, annual or balance transfer fees. Late payment fees are fair and never exorbitant.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – This is the rate of interest you pay on purchases and cash advances. Our card’s low variable rate is much lower than many other cards – including bank and department store cards.
- Rewards – Will you earn rewards? Can you redeem your points for a variety of items? Our card offers a lucrative point system redeemable for cash back, gift cards and travel awards.
Other factors to consider: how you prefer to use your card, your traveling preferences or needs, and your overall money habits. Are you looking to earn rewards and pay off your balance monthly? Or do you tend to carry a balance and require a low APR? (Our card offers both!)
At SFCU, we can tailor our Visa Credit Card to your unique needs – whether you want to earn rewards, are looking for a low APR or wish to establish or rebuild your credit.
Visa Classic Credit Card
Don’t get taken by the fine print of a credit card that costs too much. Take advantage of a Sentinel Federal Credit Union Visa Classic Card and SAVE all summer long!
- Special low 2.90% Intro APR* – Save on every purchase you make for the first 12 billing cycles. Then enjoy a low variable APR of 10.74% to 18.00% based on your creditworthiness.
- 24/7 Flexibility – Make payments, track transactions and check your available credit with your mobile device.
- Earn 15,000 Awards Points – Make at least $2,000 in purchases in the first 90 days to earn Extra Award points. Then redeem your points for $100 cash back, gift cards and travel awards.
- Save Money – With no annual or balance transfer fees.
- Gain Peace of Mind – Your card is protected from unauthorized charges and lost and stolen card charges at no additional cost. Also enroll in SFCU Guardian Alerts for an extra layer of security against fraud.
It’s always smooth sailing with our card.
There’s so much you can do with our card. Take a vacation, complete your home improvements, or send a child off to college. Even buy something special for end-of-summer fun.
Stop paying too much.
Apply now for a SFCU Visa Card or call 605-923-1405, or visit any branch in Rapid City, Box Elder, Ellsworth AFB, Custer, Hill City and Winner.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Offer effective July 1, 2018. New credit card account introductory rate of 2.90% for purchases will apply to transactions posted to your account during the first 12 billing cycles following the opening of your account. After the introductory period, the standard purchases APR will be applied to unpaid introductory balances and new purchases. The standard APR for purchases is 10.74% to 18.00%, based on your creditworthiness and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. New cardholders that make at least $2,000 in purchases in the first 90 days will earn 15,000 Extra Awards Points. Credit union membership is required to obtain a credit union loan. Other conditions, restrictions and credit approval apply. Offer does not apply to refinancing existing SFCU loans. Federal credit card regulations require us to apply any payments made to higher interest rate balances first. SFCU is an Equal Opportunity Lender and federally insured by NCUA.
Visa Secured Credit Card
This card is secured by your savings and helps you build a positive credit history.
- Non-variable rate as low as 10.00% APR*
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Earn one Extra Awards point for every $1 spent when you make purchases which you can redeem for cash back, gift cards and travel awards
- Protection from unauthorized charges and lost and stolen card charges at no additional cost
- Add an extra layer of security against fraud to your card with SFCU Guardian Alerts, our text alert service
- Open Rate Disclosure
- Open Credit Card Agreement
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Your actual rate and term may vary, depending upon your credit history and other factors. Other conditions, restrictions and credit approval apply.
Let us know if you’ll be traveling with your card
If you will be traveling outside of your normal area of debit or credit card use, please let us know so your cards won’t be blocked or flagged for unusual activity. Give us a call at least 48 hours in advance at 605-923-1405 or toll-free at 888-923-1400 to let us know the dates and locations you will be traveling and to verify we have correct phone numbers to reach you. Have a safe trip!
Report Lost or Stolen Card
Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm MT
605-923-1405 or 888-923-1400
After Business Hours
Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm MT
605-923-1405 or 888-923-1400
After Hours Assistance
Activate Your Card
Change Your PIN
If you know your current PIN, you can visit any Sentinel ATM to get a new PIN for your Sentinel ATM, Debit and chip-enabled Credit Cards.
If you forgot your PIN or would like a new PIN, you can call 877-746-6746, anytime, to change the PIN for any of your Sentinel cards. Your new PIN will be available within two business days.
Verified By Visa
Shop online with confidence. Your Visa card is equipped with Verified by Visa that protects your card for free.